Faith CommunityChanging Lives, Changing Communities
Making God’s Love Visible
Partnering with Habitat for Humanity is a great way to see the spirit of God at work in your community as people of all ages and from all walks of life come together to help those in need. Each building project is a powerful lesson in faith, compassion and fellowship.
Help your congregation connect with HFHNCM – Is there someone in your faith community with a heart for Habitat’s mission? Congregational liaisons help us keep “faithful” supporters informed about our work and the families we are serving. If you’d like to identify someone to act as point of contact for your church, synagogue or mosque, call (978) 348-2749, ext. 212.
How could your faith community partner with Habitat?
Praying – Pray for our homeowners, volunteers and staff, regularly and publicly.
Hearing – Invite a staff or board member to talk to your congregation, mission or outreach board, small groups.
Volunteering – Whether it’s helping to build houses, serving on committees or helping in the office, there are many things to do. HFHNCM welcomes congregational groups who want to volunteer together. Clergy groups, men’s, women’s and youth groups seeking meaningful service projects that are also fun should give us a call!
Being an advocate – Educate your community about the need for affordable housing.
Fundraising – Support Habitat through fundraising and offerings. We value every contribution that helps us eliminate poverty housing. Consider sponsoring all or part of a house.
Habitat works locally and globally
If your congregation is looking for ways to make a difference locally and around the world, come join us. We have Habitat for Humanity missions in every continent of the world and are deeply involved in recovery and rebuilding efforts in Haiti, Chile and the Gulf Coast. Your support will echo throughout the world through our House for a House Program.
Thanks to the following congregations for their financial support in 2015 and to all members of the faith community in our region who believe in our mission and support us with their prayers and actions.
- South Acton Congregational Church
- St. Matthewâ€™s United Methodist Church of Acton
- Acton Congregational Church
- New Hope Baptist Church of Ayer
- St. Maryâ€™s Catholic Church of Ayer
- St. Andrewâ€™s Episcopal Church of Ayer
- First Parish Church of Bolton
- First Baptist Church of Gardner
- First Congregational Church of Gardner
- Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church
- Pilgrim Congregational Church of Leominster
- First Baptist Church of Littleton
- American Baptist Churches of Massachusetts
- Sudbury United Methodist Church
- First Church of Sterling
- Union Church of Stow
- First Parish Church of Stow and Acton
- First Congregational Church of Westminster