Volunteer OpportunitiesConstruction Crew Leaders
Becoming a Crew Leader
In order to serve more hard-working, low-income families in the north central Massachusetts region, we need volunteers with good basic construction skills and a people-friendly attitude to work as crew leaders on our construction sites.
Working closely with the construction manager, crew leaders guide, teach and engage small groups of unskilled or semi-skilled volunteers. Crew Leaders demonstrate tasks, maintain standards, monitor safety and assure that volunteers have enough meaningful work to have a satisfying experience. A Crew Leader should enjoy working with people, possess some basic construction skills, enjoy leadership and be able to learn tasks quickly and then demonstrate those tasks to others. Crew leaders are needed Wednesday through Saturday.
If you enjoy volunteering with Habitat and want to take the next step in involvement, crew leader training is for you!
Crew Leader Training Outline
This training will take place at the Habitat for Humanity North Central Massachusetts offices, 138 Great Road, Acton, MA 01720.
Items covered in training include:
- The vision and goals of Habitat for Humanity and HFHNCM
- Overview of the construction program
- Why does Habitat use volunteers to build houses?
- What difference does Habitat for Humanity make to hard-working, low-income families?
- Safety on the site – everyone’s most important job
- Customer Service – turning volunteers into donors, ambassadors and advocates for the HFH mission
- Crew Leader responsibilities and development
Trainings are scheduled to meet demand, simply contact Clare at (978) 348-2749 x201 or send us an email.